Crispy Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
The holidays are becoming plum full of traditions that just make my heart sing now that we have little ones. This year I’ve been baking with my two year-old about twice a week, so holiday bakes were in order. While we have mastered a few cookie recipes, these crispy chocolate peanut butter balls are a fan favorite, and the perfect treat to share with neighbors and friends. We packaged these up into glass jars and delivered them with sweet notes.
If you have little ones helping you, dumping the ingredients into the mixer is a great task for them, and so is placing the balls into jars.
1 cup smooth peanut butter
1/4 cup plus one tablespoon room temperature butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 cups rice cereal (Rice Krispies)
Bag of milk chocolate chips
- Mix together peanut butter, butter, and powdered sugar until smooth (I used my kitchenAid for this). Then add in rice cereal slowly.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment, and form peanut butter mixture into balls, placing them on the cookie sheets.
- Once all balls are formed, place cookie sheets in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Once peanut butter balls are nice and solid and cool, heat up your chocolate. I did this in the microwave in a heat-safe bowl. I microwaved the chips for a minute, then took them out and stirred them for about two minutes, until all melted. I then microwaved them 20 more seconds to be sure the chocolate was fully melted and thinned a bit.
- Roll your peanut butter balls in the chocolate with a fork, then place back onto parchment paper lined cookie sheets.
- Place back in the fridge to cool and solidify for an hour or more.
These keep very well in the fridge for about 3 days, and in the freezer for a while.