Arugula & Parmesan Salad
This recipe is the first of our new series: Seed to Table Sundays. I hope you love it!
Arugula is winter greens at their finest. Peppery, light, easy to eat – those are the defining qualities of arugula. Yes, it tastes world’s better when it’s homegrown.
This recipe was handed down from my cousin on a family trip who mentioned it was her favorite salad of all time. I can see why! The sharp and salty parm with the buttery pine nuts and the gently peppery arugula is delicious – plus that tangy lemon!
This is a fantastic lunch option or side dish – add protein to really level up.
- Fresh arugula
- About 2 Tablespooms of pine nuts
- About 1/2 cup fresh parmesan
- Half a lemon squeezed
- About 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Harvest arugula by taking a few leaves from each plant
- Rinse and dry the leaves and put on your plate
- Toast pine nuts until fragrant and slightly browned over low-medium heat, stirring constantly. Pour pine nuts over the arugula.
- Grate fresh parmesan (like a lot of parmesan) over your arugula – it must be freshlt grated
- Squeeze half of a lemon over salad, and then drizzle olive oil and toss.