Garden Things That Aren’t Garden Things #4
I’ve brought back the Garden Things That Aren’t Garden Things series for you! It’s a monthly recap of things that are very garden-inspired, but may not really be used for the garden.
Recently, I’ve been loving these six things, and want to tell you all about them.
Six Garden-inspired Things
My thoughts on each:
1. Garden Spells is a fictional book that a dear from of mine sent me in the mail – what a surprise! It’s very Practical Magic-esque and I read it in two days. Great beach read for the gardener, Trigger warning for anyone sensitive to mild mention of domestic violence.
2. Saving Grace is another recommendation from a friend, and who doesn’t love an old British film?! It’s about a widow who needs to make money and uses her skills for botany to do so …
3. Gua Sha is new to me, but for a few weeks, I have been practicing it! It’s an ancient Chinese practice of massaging your face to reduce inflammation, tension, etc. I have a little handout that guides how I use my stone and feel like it completely destresses me. It’s best used after applying a favorite face serum or oil. A nightly self-care treat!
4. Hattie Hazel Tomato Leaf Soy Candle is my new scent! It’s in the kitchen and adds an earthy yet clean aroma to the house. Bonus, my Aunt Deb makes them! Perfect for welcoming in Spring with tomatoes just barely being ready for soil.
5. Sandgrens Clogs are the clogs that brought me to tears. I was gifted a pair after coveting them for years! They are so nostalgic for me, as my mom used to wear clogs. They’re comfortable and so cute with anything from Levi’s to a floral dress. These are a new staple and I adore them.
6. Greens First Original – 15 Count Travel Packets I have been looking for greens (there are tons of companies all over Instagram promoting their version) and wanted something tried and true. My neighbor is a detox and nutrition queen and recommended these! I actually love the classic mint flavor which sounds so bizarre, but delicious! We ordered a sample box before committing to a big jug.
I hope you find some inspiration here, and if you need recommendations for any books specifically, There is a great list of
fictional garden books HERE.
– This post contains some affiliate links, but the opinions are all my own –